Saturday, January 17, 2009

Crazies

You cant escape religious crazy people anywhere. Here in India most of them are Hindi. Like right now (literally as I am typing) there is a 1 1/2 armed hindi man clanking symbols together. Last night as I was observing a surgery on some kid who severed his hand (dont play with axes) and the doctor went off on me about god (have you found jesus?). Here the Christians are a huge minority and this doctor (he is very nice and I have all the respect for him) was wild about it. It made me think about this idea that I came up with some years ago that some people biologically need religion, or maybe just phyicologically need it. They need that reassurance of purpose within their lives. Anyway I was trying to be nice about listing to how Steven Hawking was going to hell wile trying to not laugh or get too dizzy from looking at this kids tendons sticking out all over. So far I have observed 6 surgeries, all have been successful, 1 hip replacement, 3 tubicamys, 1 C-section and 1 wrist/hand thing. I am leaving Missurie tomorrow to go back to Derhadun (just try to mistake that word for something else!) and ill take a picture of the river of trash and put it up for all of you to see.
I ate meat for the first time yesterday (it was a very small amount of chicken) so all of you should enjoy all of the meat you can get. Today I had American day, we went to a Starbucks-like coffe shop, and a dominos (very spicy pizza) singing America Fuck Yeah. That's it for now because I have to take a wicked piss (its a long walk back to my room, and I have not mastered the classic Indian way of peeing in public).

1 comment:

  1. Even their pizza is spicy??? I don't think I could handle it.

    ReplyDelete